As parents, one of the most important decisions we make is ensuring our babies receive the best nutrition during their critical early months of life. Breastfeeding has long been recognized as the gold standard, providing essential nutrients and fostering bonding between mother and child. However, for various reasons, not all parents can exclusively breastfeed, leading many to turn to formula options that aim to replicate the benefits of breast milk.
Enfamil, a trusted name in infant nutrition, offers a range of formula options designed to support your baby’s growth and development. Among their offerings, two formulas have gained significant attention in recent years: Enfamil NeuroPro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum. These two products are engineered to provide essential nutrients that can support your baby’s cognitive and physical development, making them suitable alternatives for those who cannot or choose not to breastfeed.
In this article, we will explore the difference between Enfamil NeuroPro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum in terms of mom’s reviews, ingredients, nutrients, and price, allowing you to make an informed choice when it comes to nourishing your little one.
“When you buy something using my links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. This is a kind of support to me. This website doesn’t accept money for reviews. “
What is The Difference Between Enfamil Neuropro and Enspire Optimum?
Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum are both non-GMO standard milk-based formulas designed for babies from 0-12 months with no allergies or sensitivities. They have the MFGM (Milk Fat Globule Membrane) and the 2′-FL HMO prebiotic.
The Difference between them is that Enfamil Neuropro has triple prebiotics plus the HuMO6 immune blend for immune health at a cheap price whereas Enfamil Enspire Optimum adds Lactoferrin to the protein source and has double prebiotics plus HuMO6 premium immune blend to support immune and gut health but it’s expensive.
Mom’s Reviews Comparison:
Enfamil Enspire Optimum:
- Closest formula to breast milk: Many reviewers mentioned that Enfamil EnspireOptimum is often praised for being the formula closest in composition to breast milk, which is a significant advantage for babies who may need to transition from breastfeeding to formula feeding. This similarity can help ease the transition and provide essential nutrients.
- Smooth transition from breastfeeding: Parents noted that their babies made a smooth transition from breastfeeding to Enfamil Enspire Optimum which is normal due to its ingredients and features that resemble breast milk.
- Improved baby growth and development: Some parents reported positive effects on their baby’s growth and development after using Enfamil Enspire Optimum. This could include healthier weight gain and reaching developmental milestones.
- No digestion problems: Parents mentioned that this formula worked well for babies with digestive issues, such as colic or reflux. Some infants who struggled with other formulas found relief and improved comfort when switched to Enspire Optimum.
- Overpriced: One of the most common negative comments revolved around the high cost of Enfamil Enspire Optimum. Some parents found it significantly more expensive than other formula options, making it a financial burden.
- Difficulty dissolving the formula: Some parents reported difficulties in fully dissolving the formula powder in water, which could result in clumps or a non-smooth consistency in the prepared bottle.
- Smells/Tastes Bad (Metallic/Irony): A few parents mentioned that their babies didn’t readily accept the taste or smell of Enfamil Enspire, which might make it challenging to feed them this formula.
Related: Enfamil Gentlease Vs Enfamil Enspire Optimum: Full Comparison
- Good Taste: Reviewers generally found that babies liked the taste of Enfamil Neuropro, which can make feeding more pleasant for both infants and parents.
- Easy to Mix/Prepare: Many moms praised the ease of mixing and preparing this formula, making it a convenient choice for busy parents.
- Easy to Digest: Moms reported that their babies didn’t face significant digestive issues while using Enfamil Neuropro.
- Good Value for the Price: Despite the price being a common negative aspect, some reviewers noted that they considered it a good value, possibly due to the formula’s positive attributes.
- Long Shelf Life: The formula’s long shelf life is appreciated by parents as it allows them to stock up without worrying about it expiring quickly.
- High Price: The high cost of Enfamil Neuropro was a common complaint among reviewers, but compared to Enspire Optimum it is cheap.
- Transition Issues: Some parents reported that their babies had difficulties transitioning to this formula, which can be frustrating and inconvenient.
- Smell Not So Pleasant: A few moms mentioned that they found the smell of the formula to be unpleasant, which can affect the overall feeding experience.
In case you want a cheaper alternative to Enfamil Neuropro with the same ingredients and features, then look for Enfamil Neuropro Care. I made a full comparison between them if you want to check.
Both Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum are designed for infants from 0-12 months of age, making them suitable choices for newborns and young infants.
- Enfamil Neuropro: This formula contains 50% nonfat milk and 50% Whey Protein Concentrate. Nonfat milk provides a source of casein protein, which is slower to digest, and whey protein, which is more easily digestible.
- Enfamil Enspire Optimum: In contrast, Enspire Optimum has a slightly different protein composition. It contains 55% nonfat milk, 1% Lactoferrin, and 44% Whey Protein Concentrate. The addition of lactoferrin is a notable difference, as lactoferrin is a protein found in breast milk known for its potential immune-boosting properties.
Both formulas maintain a whey-to-casein protein ratio of 65:35, which closely mimics the protein composition of breast milk. This ratio helps promote easier digestion for infants.
Both Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum rely solely on lactose as the carbohydrate source. Lactose is the primary sugar found in breast milk, and it’s easily digestible for most infants.
Both formulas use a combination of fats to provide essential fatty acids for your baby’s development. The fat sources include Palm Oil, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Soy Oil, and Coconut Oil. These fats contribute to overall calorie content and support healthy growth.
- Enfamil Neuropro: This formula contains MFGM (Milk Fat Globule Membrane) and HuMO6 (Immune Blend). MFGM is a component found in breast milk associated with cognitive development, while HuMO6 of Neuropro is an immune-supporting blend including 2’-FL HMO, Polydextrose, Galactooligosaccharides, Vitamin C & E, and Selenium.
- Enfamil Enspire Optimum: In addition to MFGM and HuMO6 (Premium Immune Blend), Enspire Optimum includes lactoferrin. Lactoferrin is known for its potential to support the immune system and provide added protection against infections. The HuMO6 blend of Enspire Optimum includes 2’-FL & LNnT HMO, Vit C & E, Selenium, and Zinc to support immune and gut health.
Both formulas incorporate prebiotics to support a healthy gut microbiome:
- Enfamil Neuropro: Contains triple prebiotics which are 2′-FL HMO (2′-Fucosyllactose Human Milk Oligosaccharide), Galactooligosaccharides, and Polydextrose to promote digestive health.
- Enfamil Enspire Optimum: Offers 2′-FL HMO and Lacto-N-neotetraose which are HMO prebiotics that resemble those found in breast milk.
Both Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum are GMO-free, which means they do not contain genetically modified organisms, providing parents with peace of mind regarding ingredient sourcing.
Source of ARA and DHA:
Both formulas use Mortierella alpina oil as the source of ARA (Arachidonic Acid) and Schizochytrium sp. oil as the source of DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid). These sources are commonly used in infant formulas to provide the essential fatty acids necessary for brain and eye development.
Both formulas have 9 generic brands to choose from that are cheap and provide the same nutritional value as Neuropro and Enspire Optimum. Read Best 9 Generic Brands of Enfamil NeuroPro.
Calories, Protein, Fat, and Carbohydrates:
- Both Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum provide the same calorie content, protein, fat, and very similar carbohydrate content per 100 calories; Neuropro has a slightly higher carbohydrate level (11.3g) compared to Enspire Optimum (11.1g).
- Vitamin A (IU): Both formulas provide 300 IU of Vitamin A per 100 calories, supporting healthy vision and immune function.
- Vitamin D (IU): Both formulas offer 70 IU of Vitamin D per 100 calories, which is essential for calcium absorption and bone health.
- Vitamin E (IU): Both formulas contain 2 IU of Vitamin E per 100 calories, serving as an antioxidant to protect cells from damage.
- Vitamin K (mcg): Both formulas have 9 mcg of Vitamin K per 100 calories, contributing to blood clotting and bone metabolism.
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12 (mcg): Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum provide the same amounts of these B-vitamins which are vital for various metabolic processes and overall health.
- Niacin (mcg): Both formulas contain 1000 mcg of Niacin per 100 calories, supporting energy production and skin health.
- Folic Acid (Folacin) (mcg): Both formulas provide 16 mcg of Folic Acid per 100 calories, essential for cell division and growth.
- Pantothenic Acid (mcg): Both formulas contain 500 mcg of Pantothenic Acid per 100 calories, contributing to energy production and metabolism.
- Biotin (mcg): Both formulas offer 3 mcg of Biotin per 100 calories, important for various enzymatic reactions in the body.
- Vitamin C (mg): Both Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum provide 12 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories, which plays a role in the formation of collagen, absorption of iron, and immune function.
Choline and Inositol:
- Both formulas contain 24 mg of Choline and 24 mg of Inositol per 100 calories. Choline is crucial for brain development, while Inositol is involved in cellular signaling.
Enfamil Neuropro and Enspire Optimum, provide nearly identical mineral content per 100 calories for infants aged 0-12 months. These minerals are essential for various physiological processes, including bone development, immune function, and overall growth.
|ENFAMIL NEUROPRO||ENFAMIL ENSPIRE|
32 fl oz
36.9 ¢/fl oz
|4.8 of 5.0|
|4.8 of 5.0|
|Buy 20.7 oz HERE|
Buy 28.3 oz HERE
Buy 31.4 oz HERE
Buy 32 fl oz HERE
|Buy 20.5 oz HERE|
Buy 27.4 oz HERE
Buy 30 oz HERE
both formulas, Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire Optimum are highly rated by customers, with a customer rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 for each. However, when comparing prices, Enfamil Neuropro tends to be more cost-effective in powder form, with a lower price per ounce compared to Enspire Optimum. Additionally, Enfamil Neuropro offers a ready-to-feed option, which may be convenient for travel and night feeding.
Switching Between Enfamil Neuropro and Enspire Optimum:
Switching between Enfamil Neuropro and Enspire Optimum can be done gradually to help your baby adjust to the new formula without digestive discomfort. Here’s a step-by-step guide to making a smooth transition:
- Plan the Transition: Start by gradually introducing the new formula while still providing your baby’s current formula. This transition typically takes about a week.
- Week 1 – Blend the Formulas: During the first week, mix the two formulas together in the same bottle. Start with a small amount (e.g., 25% new formula and 75% old formula) and gradually increase the proportion of the new formula over the course of several days. Here’s a sample schedule:
- Days 1-2: 25% new formula, 75% old formula
- Days 3-4: 50% new formula, 50% old formula
- Days 5-6: 75% new formula, 25% old formula
- Observe Your Baby: Pay close attention to your baby’s reactions during the transition. Look for signs of digestive discomfort, such as gas, fussiness, or changes in stool consistency. If your baby experiences any adverse reactions, consult your pediatrician for guidance.
- Week 2 – Full Transition: By the beginning of the second week, your baby should be fully transitioned to the new formula (100% new formula). Continue to monitor your baby for any issues and make sure they are tolerating the new formula well.
- Stay Consistent: Once the transition is complete, stick with the new formula consistently to allow your baby’s digestive system to fully adjust.
- Maintain Proper Hydration: During the transition, make sure your baby stays well-hydrated by offering them small sips of water between feedings. This helps prevent constipation and keeps them hydrated.
- Keep an Eye on Allergies: If your baby has a known milk allergy or sensitivity, consult with your pediatrician before switching formulas, as they may recommend specialized formulas.
Remember that every baby is unique, and their tolerance to formula changes may vary. If you have any concerns or if your baby experiences significant digestive issues during the transition, consult your pediatrician for personalized advice.
The Best One?
The “best” formula between Enfamil Neuropro and Enspire Optimum depends on your specific priorities and your baby’s individual needs. Here’s a summary of the key points to help you choose:
Closest One to Breast Milk: In case you searching for the closest one to breast milk and the price is not a significant factor for you, then Enspire Optimum is the best choice to make.
GMO Status: Both Enfamil Neuropro and Enspire Optimum are non-GMO formulas, making them suitable options for parents who prefer non-genetically modified ingredients.
Immune and Gut Health: Enfamil Neuropro includes a HuMO6 immune blend, while Enspire Optimum offers a premium immune blend with Lactoferrin. Both blends support immune health, but Enspire Optimum’s premium blend provides an extra layer of protection for your baby’s immune and gut health.
Brain Development: Both formulas contain MFGM, which is beneficial for brain development. Whether you choose Enfamil Neuropro or Enspire Optimum, you can be confident that your baby is receiving essential nutrients to support cognitive growth.
Prebiotics: Enfamil Neuropro includes triple prebiotics, promoting a healthy gut. Enspire Optimum, on the other hand, features two prebiotics, which may also contribute to gut health. Both options prioritize your baby’s digestive well-being.
Price: Enfamil Neuropro is generally more budget-friendly compared to Enspire Optimum. If cost is a significant factor for you, Neuropro may be the preferred choice without compromising on the essential nutrients your baby needs.
Mixing and Preparing: Enfamil Neuropro is favored by parents for its ease of mixing and preparation. Many parents find that it blends smoothly with water, leaving minimal clumps or residue.
Taste: According to parental reviews, Enfamil Neuropro often receives positive feedback for its taste. Babies seem to accept it readily. A formula with a pleasant taste can be a game-changer, as it ensures that your baby is more likely to consume it without resistance.
Enfamil Neuropro is the best because it combines advanced features, good taste, and a good price.